Friday Five: Follow Friday
If you know me at all, you might know I’m addicted to Twitter. I use it to network with other librarians, find scrapbooking inspiration, and see what’s happening in the world. There are close to 600 people that follow me (can’t believe it!) and I follow about 500 people.
I found an blog post written by Chris Brogan about the tradition of Follow Friday on Twitter. He suggests writing a blog post with the people you’re recommending rather than including it in a short, limited 140 character tweet. This allows longer explanations as to why you think people should follow fellow tweeps.
This makes a lot of sense to me, so here are the five people I would recommend for Follow Friday.
1. @getbuttonedup This company offers all kinds of great ideas on how to be more organized. The resources they offer are very helpful.
2. @scrapbooksteals Do you need deals on scrapbooking supplies? This website has them! They feature one excellent deal per day. Act fast, though. Each deal only lasts for the day it’s posted.
3. @scrapbooksetc Scrapbooks Etc magazine is for paper crafters and scrapbookers. The magazine is an excellent resource, and their tweets contain all kinds of inspiration.
4. @altgeldshrugged Jen Lancaster is the author of four memoirs, including the upcoming My Fair Lazy. She’s hilarious, and she keeps me in stitches. I can’t wait to get my hands on her new book.
5. @TheLiB Sarah Houghton-Jan is a well-known librarian. She’s also an author, blogger, and speaker. She’s got some really good ideas about libraries, librarianship, and how we should serve library patrons.
So there’s my Follow Friday list. Which Twitter users are on your list?