Friday Five: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
This week, I was skimming a book called No One Cares What You Had for Lunch. The book has all kinds of great ideas for blog posts. There was a particular suggestion that I had my mind racing. Basically, it goes like this: If you could have anyone to dinner, who would you have, and why? I immediately started thinking about who I would have to dinner. There are so many options!
I was able to finally narrow it down. Here are the five people I would have to dinner.
1. Ali Edwards. Who is she? Ali is a scrabooking guru. She is a writer, a graphic designer, an artist, etc. She is one of my favorite people in the scrapbooking industry. She’s a huge inspiration to me, and someone I’ve always wanted to meet. I love reading her blog, and I think she’s definitely someone I would love to talk to at length about all kinds of things.
2. Jimmy Buffett This man embodies the laid back lifestyle that I love. I am a long-time, die-hard parrothead, and I would love to meet the man who started the parrothead craze. I’ve been to fifteen shows, but to be able to see him and hear him sing up close would be a dream come true.
3. Gabriel Iglesias He’s not fat, he’s fluffy. Besides his huge appetite, Gabriel would bring lots of funny stories and jokes to the table.
4. Chris Bohjalian I have met this author four times, but I still have so many questions! I also want to see if he actually remembers me the next time I meet him. Maybe if we had dinner together, I’d actually act a little less like a stalker and more like a normal fan. Maybe.
5. Al Pacino This man is one of the world’s best actors, and one of my favorites. During dinner, I’ll make sure to get him all fired up so he goes into one of his tirades for which he’s so famous.
If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would you invite?