Friday Five: Blog Improvement Project
My Friday Five for this week is ambitious. I’ve been wanting to redesign my blog for a long time. When looking at redesign options, I stumbled across The 2010 Blog Improvement Project. The first week of the project has just begun, and we are supposed to write a blog to-do list of what we’d like to accomplish on our blog.
Here are five areas that I want to concentrate on during the project.
1. Blog Design/Appearance
- Get a blog header that expresses what the blog is about.
- Create a sidebar that is pleasing to both me and my readers.
- Create a background that is not distracting, but visually appealing.
2. Quality of Posts
- More frequent posts
- Regular weekly Friday Five posts
- Combine photos and words in posts
3. Ease of Subscribing
- Add an RSS feed for posts
4. Social Media Integration
- Add a Twitter/Digg/Share This link so readers can share posts.
5. Comment Friendliness
- Ask questions at end of each post to engage readers in conversations.
That’s my list of things to do on the blog. It’s a big one, but I think I can handle it.