To Be Read Book Challenge
Miz B is hosting a reading challenge in 2010 that I will be taking part in. Here are the details.
** Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year – that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31.
(for more information, please read the challenge FAQs)
By the end of the year you should’ve knocked 12 books off of your TBR list! (of course, if you’re anything like me, you’ll have added *at LEAST* 12 more to the ever-growing pile by then! LOL).
The good news is, though, that you’ll be making some progress! ;o)
Additional rules/guidelines for this challenge:
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you’re doing!
These are the books that I’ll be reading for this challenge. I have twelve alternatives just in case the book I’m reading doesn’t grab me.These are all books that have been sitting on my bookshelves for a very long time.
1. Spilling Clarence by Anne Ursu
2. Every Secret Thing by Lila Shaara
3. The Wishing Year by Noelle Oxenhandler
4. Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Marriage by Alice Munro
5. The Feast of love by Charles Baxter
6. Where is Joe Merchant by Jimmy Buffett
7. The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe
8. High Fidelity by Nick Hornsby
9. The Ha-Ha by Dave King
10. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
11. Water Witches by Chris Bohjalian
12. Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy
1. Truth and Consequences by Alison Lurie
2. Patchwork by Karen Osborn
3. Five Things I Can’t Live Without by Holly Shumas
4. The Cure for Modern Life by Lisa Tucker
5. An Alphabetical Life by Wendy Werris
6. Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
7. Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
8. Envy by Kathryn Harrison
9. The Worst Thing I’ve Done by Ursula Hegi
10. What to Keep by Rachel Cline
11. March by Geraldine Brooks
12. The Tattooed Girl by Joyce Carol Oates